If you enjoy creative and fun writing prompts to get you thinking out of the box and out of your own head, you are in the right place!
These fun writing prompts will distract, entertain, amuse, and inspire your imagination. Whether you’re a writer, a college student, or simply a person who enjoys games such as sudoku or mad libs, you’ll be sure to enjoy these 11 creative and fun writing prompts!
Fair warning- they are very random, and not necessarily intended for anyone under 18 years old.
**This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you for products you purchase via this website. For more information click here.**
To help you along, and have a bit of fun I’ve included my own answers to each question/prompt.
Let’s get started!
11 Creative and fun writing prompts for writers and people who need a break:
1. 10 Things you literally never worry about:
Mattresses, the colors available for kitchen sponges, twigs in a forest in Romania, whipped cream, aardvarks, what restaurant you’ll eat at if you ever go to Indianapolis, broken staplers at the dump, dust bunnies at Walmart, a spec of sand, birdcage design.
2. 5 Times you had 5 reasons that you couldn’t do something
It’s cold out. My stomach hurts. I’m too busy. I’m too tired. I’m out of bananas.
3. Describe someone who’s living on the edge, someone who’s living on a prayer, and someone who’s living just for midnight:
The woman who moves across the country for her dream job even though she knows no one where she’s going. That guy speeding while eating a footlong sub. The singer who’s about to go on stage and be amazing.
4. 7 Reasons why she said “No” to a second date.
She hates his shirt. He speaks in a weird monotone voice. She still wants her ex. He ordered oysters and she’s vegan. He just assumed she wanted to kiss him even though clearly she did not. She learned he collects model trains.
5. Give me detailed instructions on how I should get your room ready for you. Be a diva about it.
First of all, I will need a bowl of fresh fruit. Evian water. Champagne. Pinot Noir. Organic raw cacao truffles. Make sure my sheets are 5,000 thread count. Open the blinds. Set the room temperature to 71 F. Draw my bubble bath, and make sure some relaxing EDM trap music is playing.
6. How did you manage to get invited to this amazing party on a rooftop in Midtown with a pool, hot models in bikinis, and tons of free sushi?
I’m on a work trip and I came to this party with my colleague who knows someone who knows someone. We were chatting with different people, and now I can’t find him anywhere! He was very drunk when I saw him last, singing at the top of his lungs on a swan float in the pool fully clothed.
7. You’re pouring a glass of lemonade from a blue glass pitcher on the patio on a summer day. Who’s with you and what serious topic are you discussing?
I’m sitting with my lawyer. I have recently won a Powerball ticket for 10 million dollars.
8. 5 Ideas that seemed great at the time:
Consuming the entire bowl of queso dip. That leopard print thing. Telling that person to F off. Walking instead of driving. Thinking you could do it yourself.
9. Why are these two men (or women) fighting over you and why is pizza stuck to the window?
10. 3 Reasons someone has a loofa when they are not going to take a bath:
He’s a famous artist who only uses loofas to express himself. She’s going to clean out the gutters on the roof. Her company was re-designing bath items.
11. The most hilarious disaster/epic fail you’ve ever seen with your own eyes.
Once someone tried to steal my friend’s 18-rack at a party but ended up falling down three flights of stairs, breaking their leg, and the ambulance came.
Oh ya- and that time my roommate and I caught a plant on fire and had to call the fire department at 1:00 am. Yes, a plant. Long story.
That’s it! I hope you’ve enjoyed these 11 creative and fun writing prompts. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
You may also like:
Are you a writer who needs a website? Sign up today with Bluehost to register your domain name by clicking the banner below!