Our spirit guides are always there to listen to us and provide answers or guidance, however subtle.
Everyone has unseen spirits watching over them that want to be of service. Good, pure-of-heart spirits who protect and communicate with subtle signs and messages.
Spirit guides can help with love, career, health, and personal challenges. They can relay messages about specific questions or needs, as well as assist in more ambiguous or confusing life challenges. Your guides can bring clarity, give direction, and offer comfort.
To get to know who your spirit guides are if you are not sure, simply ask! Eventually, maybe sooner than later, you’ll have a good idea about who they are. You can also find out what your spirit guides are trying to communicate, and why they are making contact.
Read on for ideas about questions to ask your spirit guides, knowing they are always there to support you.
Then, find out more detailed information about how to connect with your guides, spirit guide signs, ghost communication, and more.
**This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you for products you purchase via this website. For more information click here.**
111 Questions to Ask Your Spirit Guides
- Ask for details about your past lives.
- Ask who your spirit animals are.
- Find out any messages your guides can relay about deceased loved ones.
- Are there any leftover energies or old spirits still with you from any of your past lives?
- Ask them about life after death.
- Ask them to describe the universe or the unseen realms.
- Inquire their names and try to obtain an image of them.
- What is your spirit guide’s definition of God/s?
- Get details about that ghost haunting your friend’s basement and how you can help it move on.
- Relationship help regarding your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse.
- Ask questions about your children.
- Ask about your parents, siblings, or other family members.
- Get details about your future love partner.
- Ask your spirit guides to help you connect with the people you’re trying to reach.
- Let them guide you to do your best work.
- Ask them to clarify events from the past.
- Get new perspectives on current or past situations from your spirit guides.
- Ask them to show you a new way.
- To guide you in your career.
- Find out what you need to change about yourself.
- Any mistakes you’re currently making.
- What you could be doing better or differently.
- Why you can’t have something that you want.
- Ask why you feel triggered by something.
- Ask your guides to clarify confusing emotions.
- Or to make sense of someone’s confusing behavior.
- Ask them to help you succeed.
- To help you face adversity, grief, trauma, or obstacles.
- For inner strength.
- For peace.
- Ask them to take some of your burdens away.
- To help you forgive someone or yourself.
- To heal the past.
- Ask them to help you set up a bright and happy future.
- Ask them to show you true love.
- Ask them to help you manifest love.
- Request to be guided to the right mentors.
- Ask them to help you discover your passion.
- How to achieve your best physical health.
- To increase finances.
- Help you heal your relationship with money.
- And your relationship with your body.
- Find out questions about your family relationships, friendships, romantic relationships.
- Ask your spirit guides to help you uncover a new opportunity.
- Ask how you can better the world.
- To lead you to your truth.
- To reveal your hidden skills.
- Ask to see more beauty in the world.
- And find the silver lining in anything.
- Ask for the support you need to come to you.
- Let them show you what to avoid/ignore.
- Show you what to focus on.
- To bring you peace.
- To bring peace to the world.
- Help those in need.
- For protection.
- Ask what’s the best possible outcome.
- The worst possible outcome.
- Ask for a parking space.
- Let your guides help you with your work.
- Help with writing, art, music, or any creative activity.
- Ask to find the right words to say.
- Ask them to help you do your best.
- To help you forgive.
- For help during childbirth, or surgery.
- Ask to help heal someone else- put a white light around someone.
- Ask your spirit guides to guide your parenting.
- To guide your lifestyle choices.
- To even out and uplift your emotions.
- Handle your anger.
- Ask them to allow you to be impeccable with your word.
- Ask for help in being tough in a tough situation.
- To be guided to insights.
- To help you be flexible.
- Summon power when you’re feeling vulnerable.
- For inspiration.
- Ask your guides to reveal someone’s intentions or truth.
- Get help with public speaking or performance.
- Help with learning something new.
- Help with meeting a deadline.
- For red lights to be green to get you there faster.
- Ask them to help you avoid disasters.
- Ask them to help you understand the best foods for your body.
- And the worst foods to avoid.
- Dream interpretation.
- If you should take a chance on something.
- Whether or not to do something.
- If he/she is “the one.”
- Ask if you should try plant medicine.
- Get guided to the root reasons for your depression or anxiety.
- Ask why something happened. IE, to teach you something. To help you grow.
- What re-occurring events or synchronicities are trying to tell you.
- Ask them to clarify the sign you have received. What does it mean?
- Ask your spirit guides how to get to the next level of happiness and abundance in life.
- Find out what’s really going to make you happy.
- Let them help you get to know yourself better.
- Ask about your ideal place to live.
- Ask who to trust.
- Let them help you speak your mind and live your truth.
- Ask what really matters.
- And what’s finished that you can move on from.
- Ask your guides to show you your future.
- What direction to take in life.
- Where to go on vacation.
- How to make more money.
- To help you be the best version of yourself.
- To help you love yourself and take care of yourself.
- Ask them to help any random stranger.
- Ask how you can make your connection to your guides stronger.
- Find ways to be more psychic.
- Ask what you can do to inspire other people.
How to Know if You Have Spirit Guides
You might be wondering if spirit guides, aka spirit angels, are real. Do you have spirit guides or do they actually exist?
Everyone has spirit guides, whether you believe in them or not. If you chose not to believe, then you won’t find much, if any, evidence of them.
Spirit guides will not usually communicate with you unless you consent to the communication in some way. Such as through belief, prayer, or by your intentional communication efforts.
If you do believe in spirit guides, you will have an inner knowing about their presence. And you will discover confirmation of their existence.
If you do not believe in spirit guides, the issue is simply null and void. Your spirit guides will remain hidden if your belief is that they don’t exist. They “won’t exist” in your reality.
How to Communicate with Your Spirit Guides
Communication with your spirit guides can be as simple or deeply intentioned as you wish.
I believe that simply asking questions silently in your own mind is quite sufficient to connect with spirit guides. You could also write your question, or ask your questions out loud. You could even sing your questions.
Would you like to receive a sign from a deceased relative or friend? Are you wondering what the sign might be? My tip is to think of what reminds you of that person. More on signs from spirit guides here in a minute.
For a bit more oomph or intention in connecting your spirit guides, you can use props, tools, or talismans. These things may help you when trying to manifest something with the help of your guides, for instance. Here are some ideas and examples:
Tools to Help You Connect With Spirit Guides
- Rocks or crystals. Set up a crystal grid, or arrangement, or hold your crystals.
- Pieces of wood, flowers.
- Burn sage or incense.
- Light a candle.
- Scry into a candle flame, mirror, cloud, or body of water.
- Tap a spirit drum.
- Hold talismans such as jewelry or coins.
- Use tarot cards.
*I do not consider tarot cards or other divination tools to be portals for unwanted spirits. This is because the information must flow through the reader, (in my case, myself. I don’t consent to negative entities and hence have no issues.)
How do Spirit Guides Communicate with Humans?
Commonly, our guides talk to us through intuition, or through our inner voice. You don’t need special psychic abilities to communicate with your spirit guides; the abilities are regular abilities all humans possess.
Spirit guides also use synchronicities to communicate. These could include messages in the media, such as a certain song playing on the radio while you’re shopping in the supermarket. Or, the words of a stranger you happen to overhear and find meaningful.
And most frequently, spirit guides communicate in the form of “signs.”
Common signs include angel numbers, rainbows, coins, and feathers. But signs are often highly personal.
For example, my mother who passed when I was young loved white birch trees. When I see birch bark where it’s not supposed to be (as in, not where birch trees grow,) I know it’s her.
How Do You Know if a Sign From Your Spirit Guides is Really a Sign?
My rule of thumb? If you think you are receiving a sign from your guides, then you probably are. If something is way too uncanny to be an actual coincidence, then it isn’t one. Trust your intuition.
Another way to know if a sign is really a sign from your spirit guide is divine timing.
Divine timing occurs when the timing of an event is impeccable and inexplicable. The timing is so favorable and fortunate that it seems like magic. Examples include a lucky escape from a close call, a life-changing book that falls off the shelf, or meeting the right person at the right time.
How Are Spirit Guides Different from Ghosts?
All around us in the unseen realm exist all manner of spirits. Ghosts, angels, fairies, spirit guides or spirit angels, and more.
Spirit guides are good, loving spirits that are “of the light.” Your spirit guides are with you for the duration of your lifetime, or for a certain time period. Although some ghosts are spirit guides, (such as a deceased relative,) not all ghosts are spirit guides.
Ghosts are stuck in the unseen realm of this physical plane because something is keeping them from passing over. That could be a connection to someone that the ghost feels they must watch over, for instance.
Most often, ghosts are stuck because of pain, trauma, or intense fear of letting go.
Communicating with Ghosts
Most ghosts are loving and well-intentioned like most humans. But, some are not.
Rarely, ghosts have poltergeist abilities. If you are dealing with poltergeist activity, I suggest you contact a professional. And ask for protection from your spirit guides.
I recommend not communicating with poltergeists or ghosts. You are more powerful than 99.99% of ghosts because you are alive and they are dead. I cannot speak of the other 0.01%.
Never use ouija boards or engage in seances. You don’t know what else could get through the portals you’re opening. Don’t mess around and find out because as they say “The devil’s greatest trick is making you think he doesn’t exist.”
There is good and bad spiritual energy. So, if you are getting any negative vibes, stop communication immediately.
Communicating with your guides can be as simple as a conversation in your head. Or as elaborate as hiking to the top of a mountain for a special meditation with 20 different crystals, a bundle of herbs, and some mushroom tea.
Please know that you can substitute the word “angels” or another term you like instead of “spirit guides.” It doesn’t matter when you are referring to the same positive spiritual entities.
It’s a nice feeling to think of loving, kind, white-light spirit guides being available in your life for guidance and support. It’s even better to know in your heart that they are there.
I hope you enjoyed these 111 questions to ask your spirit guides. Let me know what you think in the comments!
You may also like: