Our spirit guides are always there to listen to us and provide answers or guidance, however subtle. Everyone has unseen spirits watching over them that want to be of service. Good, pure-of-heart spirits who protect and communicate with subtle signs and messages.
Spirit guides can help with love, career, health, and personal challenges. They can relay messages about specific questions or needs, as well as assist in more ambiguous or confusing life challenges. Your guides can bring clarity, give direction, and bring comfort.
To get to know who your spirit guides are if you are not sure, simply ask! Eventually, maybe sooner than later, you’ll have a good idea about who they are. You can also find out what your spirit guides are trying to communicate, and why they are making contact.
Read on to get inspired for questions and clarifications to ask your spirit guides, knowing they are always there to support you!
**This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you for products you purchase via this website. For more information click here.**
How can you be sure you have spirit guides?
You might be wondering if the idea of spirit guides is real. Do spirit guides actually exist?
Everyone has spirit guides, whether you believe in them or not. If you chose not to believe, then you won’t find much, if any, evidence of them.
Spirit guides will not usually communicate with you unless you consent to the communication in some way. Such as through belief, prayer, or by your communication efforts. If you do believe in spirit guides, you will have an inner knowing about their presence. And you will discover confirmation of their existence.
If you do not believe in spirit guides, the issue is simply null and void. Your spirit guides will remain hidden if your belief is that they don’t exist. They “won’t exist” in your reality.
How are spirit guides different from ghosts?
All around us in the unseen realm exist all manner of spirits. Ghosts, angels, spirit guides, fairies, and more. This is hard for some people to believe without seeing. But think about all the things you can’t see that we know to exist. Data traveling between computers, for example.
Although some ghosts are spirit guides, (such as a deceased relative,) not all ghosts are spirit guides.
Spirit guides are particular spirits that are with you for the duration of your lifetime, or for a certain time period.
If you wonder who your spirit guides are, simply ask. You will get an answer when the time is right. Please see the below article for a detailed explanation and more information on the types of spirit guides that exist:
A word of caution about communicating with ghosts
Ghosts are usually stuck in the unseen realm of this physical plane because something is keeping them from passing over. That could be a connection to someone that the ghost feels they must watch over and try to communicate with, but not always. Most often, ghosts are stuck because of pain, trauma, or intense fear of letting go.
Most ghosts are loving and well-intentioned like most humans. And some are not.
Rarely, ghosts have poltergeist abilities. If you are dealing with poltergeist activity, I suggest you contact a professional. And ask for protection from your spirit guides.
Do not engage with poltergeists, but do not fear them so long as you’re not messing around with them. You are more powerful than 99.99% of ghosts because you are alive and they are dead. I cannot speak of the other 0.01%. Not to creep you out or anything, but seriously. I advise you to never use ouija boards or engage in seances of any sort. You simply don’t know what else could get through the portals you’re opening.
The important thing to know is that if you are getting any bad vibes from any spirits, stop communication immediately. These spirits are not your spirit guides, they are something else. Possibly a negative entity like an ill-intentioned ghost. The bottom line is that your spirit guides don’t feel negative, scary, or make you uncomfortable. They are of the light.
How to communicate with your spirit angels?
Communication with your spirit guides can be as simple or deeply intentioned as you wish. I believe that simply asking questions silently in your own mind is quite sufficient. You could also write your question, or ask your questions out loud. You could even sing your questions. And we will get to those questions here in a minute.
For a bit more oomph or intention in manifesting with your spirit guides, if you so feel called, you can use props, tools, or talismans. Here are some ideas and examples.
Tools to use while asking questions of your spirit guides
- Rocks or crystals. Set up a crystal grid, arrangement, or hold your crystals.
- Pieces of wood, flowers.
- Burn sage or incense.
- Light a candle.
- Scry into a candle flame, mirror, cloud, or body of water.
- Tap a spirit drum.
- Hold talismans such as jewelry or coins.
- Use tarot cards.
*I do not consider tarot cards or any of the above to be portals for unwanted spirits. Tarot or talisman information must flow through the reader, (in my case, myself, and I don’t consent to negative entities and hence have no issues.) Please don’t practice Tarot reading with people you don’t trust.
How do spirit guides communicate to humans?
Most often, our guides communicate to us through intuition, or through our inner voice. You don’t need special psychic abilities to communicate with your spirit guides; the abilities are regular abilities all humans posess.
Spirit guides also use synchronicities to communicate. These could include messages in the media, such as a certain song playing on the radio while you’re shopping in the supermarket. Or an article you come across online. My rule of thumb? If you think you are experiencing communication from your spirit angels because something is way too much of a coincidence, then you probably are.
Spirit guides can even work a little magic in the form of “signs.”
For example, my mother who passed when I was young loved white birch trees. When I see birch bark where it’s not supposed to be (as in, not where birch trees grow,) I know it’s her. And I can’t tell you how many significant, mind-blowing examples I have of finding birch bark where it doesn’t belong.
How do you know if a sign from your spirit guides is really a sign?
When you receive a sign from your spirit guides, you’ll know it intuitively! There will be little doubt.
If you would like to receive a sign from a deceased relative or friend and are wondering what your sign is, think of what reminds you of that person. That reminder is your sign. Become aware of it.
Other signs from your spirit guides include, for example, a lucky escape from a close call, a book that falls off the shelf or meeting the right person at the right time. Spirit guides, along with angels, elves, and other beings from the unseen realm work all kinds of magic for humans!
Alright, I hope my 2 cents about spirit guides helped you to understand more clearly what you’re are working with and what to expect.
So without further wait, here are 111 questions to ask your spirit guides.
111 Questions to Ask Your Spirit Guides
- Ask for details about your past lives.
- Ask who are your spirit animals?
- Any messages the guides can relay about any deceased loved ones.
- Are there any leftover energies or old spirits still with you from any of your past lives?
- Ask them about life after death.
- Ask them to describe the universe or the unseen realms.
- Inquire their names and try to obtain an image of them.
- What is your spirit guide’s definition of God/s?
- Get details about that ghost haunting your friends’ basement and how you can help it move on.
- Relationship help regarding your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse.
- Ask questions about your children.
- Ask about your parents, your siblings.
- Get details about your future love interest.
- Ask your spirit guides to help you connect with people you’re trying to reach.
- Let them guide you to do your best work.
- Ask them to clarify events from the past.
- Get new perspectives on current or past situations from your guides.
- Ask them to show you a new way.
- To guide you in your career.
- Find out what you need to change about yourself.
- Any mistakes you’re currently making.
- What you could be doing better or differently.
- Why you can’t have something you want.
- Why you feel triggered by something.
- Ask your guides to clarify confusing emotions.
- Or to make sense of someone’s confusing behavior.
- Ask them to help you succeed.
- To help you face adversity, grief, trauma, or obstacles.
- For inner strength.
- For peace.
- Ask them to take some of your burdens away.
- To help you forgive someone or yourself.
- To heal the past.
- Ask them to help you set up a bright happy future.
- Ask them to show you true love.
- Let them help you manifest love.
- Ask to be guided to the right mentors.
- Ask them to help you discover your passion.
- How to achieve your best physical health.
- To increase finances.
- Help you heal your relationship with money.
- And your relationship with your body.
- Your family relationships, friendships, romantic relationships.
- Ask your spirit guides to help you find a new opportunity.
- Ask how you can better the world.
- To lead you to your truth.
- To reveal your hidden skills.
- Ask to see more beauty in the world.
- And find the silver lining in anything.
- Ask for the support you need to come to you.
- Let them show you what to avoid/ignore.
- Show you what to focus on.
- To bring you peace.
- To bring peace to the world.
- Help those in need.
- For protection.
- Ask what’s the best possible outcome.
- The worst possible outcome.
- Ask for a parking space.
- Let your guides help you with your work.
- Help with writing, art, music, or any creative activity.
- Ask to find the right words to say.
- Ask them to help you do your best.
- To help you forgive.
- For help during childbirth, or surgery.
- Ask to help heal someone else- put a white light around someone.
- Ask your spirit guides to guide your parenting.
- To guide your lifestyle choices.
- To even and uplift your emotions.
- Handle your anger.
- Ask them to allow you to be impeccable with your word.
- Ask for help being tough in a tough situation.
- To be guided to insights.
- To help you be flexible.
- Summon power when you’re feeling vulnerable.
- For inspiration.
- Ask your guides to reveal someone’s intentions or truth.
- Get help with public speaking or performance.
- Help with learning something new.
- Help meeting a deadline.
- For red lights to be green to get you there faster.
- Ask them to help you avoid disasters.
- Ask them to help you understand the best foods for your body.
- And the worst foods to avoid.
- Dream interpretation.
- If you should take a chance on something.
- Whether or not to do something.
- If he/she is “the one.”
- Ask if you should try plant medicine.
- Get guided to the root reasons for your depression or anxiety.
- Ask why something happened. IE, to teach you something. To help you grow.
- What re-occurring events or synchronicities are trying to tell you.
- Ask them to clarify the sign you have received. What does it mean?
- Ask your spirit guides how to get to the next level of happiness and abundance in life.
- Find out what’s really going to make you happy.
- Let them help you get to know yourself better.
- Ask your ideal place to live.
- Ask who to trust.
- Let them help you speak your mind and live your truth.
- Ask what really matters.
- And what’s finished that you can move on from.
- Ask your guides to show you your future.
- What direction to take.
- Where to go on vacation.
- How to make more money.
- To help you be the best version of yourself.
- To help you love yourself and take care of yourself.
- Ask them to help any random stranger.
- Ask how you can make your connection to your guides stronger.
- Find ways to be more psychic.
- Ask what you can do to inspire other people.
Concluding thoughts on talking to your spirit guides
Communicating with your guides can be a simple as a conversation in your head. Or as elaborate as hiking to the top of a mountain for a special meditation with 20 different crystals, a bundle of herbs, and some mushroom tea.
And by the way, please know that you can substitute the word “God” “angels” or any other term you like instead of “spirit guides.” All the good guys work together. And they are all listening.
It’s a nice feeling to think of higher, positive, loving forces being there for support. It’s even better to know in your heart that they are there.
I hope you enjoyed these 111 questions to ask your spirit guides. Let me know what you think in the comments!
You may also like: