Reading self-confidence quotes is a great way to remind yourself of just how worthy of love and celebration you are. Especially when you’re feeling like a hot mess, it’s good to remember that you don’t have to be perfect to feel good about yourself.
That’s why today I’ve compiled some of my favorite inspiring quotes about self-confidence to share with you. I hope you enjoy reading these words of wisdom about confidence and self- acceptance.
**This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you for products you purchase via this website. For more information click here.**
50 Self Confidence Quotes for Inspiration
1. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” -Marylin Monroe.
2. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson.
3. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections”. -Sandra Bierig.
4. “Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional. Let this be a sign that you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.” -Brigitte Nicole.
5. “When we fulfill our function, which is to truly love ourselves and share love with others, then true happiness sets in.”
6. “When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder to stay around people who don’t.” -Unknown.
7. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” -Peter T. Mcintyre.
8. “Self-worth cannot be verified by others. You are worthy because you say it is so. If you depend on others for your value it is other-worth.” -Wayne Dyer.
9. “The only failure is quitting. Everything else is just gathering information.” -Jen Sincero.
10. “Don’t compare your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 20.” -Tom Bilyeu.
11. “Head up, stay strong. Fake a smile, move on.” -Unknown.
12. “Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart.” -Steve Jobs.
13. “Thousands of geniuses live and die undiscovered – either by themselves or by others.” -Mark Twain.
14. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
15. “Successful people often exude confidence – it’s obvious that they believe in themselves and what they’re doing. It isn’t their success that makes them confident, however. The confidence was there first.” –Travis Bradberry.
16. “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.” -Theodore Roosevelt.
17. “If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.” -Unknown.
18. “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” –Michael Jordan.
19. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”
-Shannon L. Alder.
20. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.”
21. “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take, relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make.” -Lewis Carroll.
22. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu.
23. “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” – Louise L. Hay.
24. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” -Coco Chanel.
25. “Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.”
26. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.”
27. “Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.” -Andre Gide.
28. “Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.”
29. “You have moments, days, sometimes weeks when you will doubt yourself. Just know, it is all part of the spiritual process.” -Iyanla Vanzant.
30. “Who you are inside is what helps you make and do everything in life.” -Fred Rogers.
31. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” -Elisabeth Kübler-Ross.
32. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.” -Wayne Dyer.
33. “Don’t let compliments mess with your head or criticism mess with your heart.” -Thibaut.
34. “Love who you are, embrace who you are.” -Lilly Singh.
35. “When you truly understand your worth, you feel an obligation to give your gift to the world.” -Bill Masur.
36. “Confidence is trusting yourself.” -Unknown.
37. “When you stop living your life based on what others think of you real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened.” –Shannon L. Alder.
38. “Never dishonor yourself to honor others.” -Unknown.
39. “Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
40. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” –Brené Brown.
41. “People wear all sorts of things, but the best part is the part that’s on the inside. That’s what’s really you — the person inside.” -Fred Rogers.
42. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” -Lucille Ball.
43. “Eliminate the need to be liked. Replace it with the intention to be of service, whether to others, something you believe in, or your highest self.” -Neil Strauss.
44. “You were born to be real, not to be perfect.” – Unknown.
45. “Who you think you are each day, completely determines the universe you live in.” -Ram Dass.
46. “The strongest single factor in prosperity consciousness is self-esteem: believing you can do it, believing you deserve it, believing you will get it.” -Jerry Gillies.
47. “Someone else’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.” -Les Brown.
48. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” -Aldous Leonard Huxley.
49. “The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” -Unknown.
50. “Be yourself. An original is so much better than a copy.” -Unknown.
Final words of wisdom on self-confidence
Although self-confidence can be hard to muster at times, confidence is ultimately nothing more than a mindset that can be developed. A confident mindset comes from feeling good about yourself and is based on doing your best, having integrity, and accepting yourself for who you are.
I hope these confidence quotes inspire you to do things that make you feel good about yourself and find self-acceptance. None of us is perfect; most of us far from it. So why not find confidence in any way you can? Please let me know what you think of these 50 inspiring self-confidence quotes in the comments below!
You may also like: