Who is the you of the future?
Future self journaling is a fun way to think about your ideal future and create the best version of yourself.
Journaling is a wonderful way to gain insight into who you are and who you want to be. Journaling about the future helps you think about changes you would like to make in your life, goals you would like to reach, and much more. It’s an easy way to get clarity on all aspects of your life so you can create your ideal future self.
These 25 journal prompts will help you to identify how to feel like your best self. Download the future self journal prompts as a free PDF printable so you can journal them anytime you feel like it.
**This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you for products you purchase via this website. For more information click here.**
Who is your ideal future self?
Have you ever thought about what your future self will be like? The you of 2, 5, 10 years from now? I’ve thought about this question many times. It seems like I’m always changing, and yet, parts of me never really change. It’s a strange paradox for sure.
It’s probably the same for most people. Certain things about you tend to remain the same, but other parts of you change dramatically over time.
But the empowering thing is, who you are is fluid and changeable. You really can be whoever you want to in this world. You don’t need to box yourself into any label. Or live forever as the you you’ve always been.
As you get older, you will likely surprise yourself in who you become. Some of the experiences you end up living will blow your mind. Life is an adventure and although you can’t predict the future, you can do things to plan for happiness and success.
And future self journaling is one of those things you can do!
How can future self journaling help create your best life?
Future self journaling is a way of journal writing to envision who you are yet to become. It’s a way to plan for experiences that you want. A lifestyle that brings you joy. And importantly, who you want to evolve into as a person.
We all want to be the best version of ourselves. We aren’t perfect, and although it’s super important to practice self-acceptance, it’s also good to reach for the stars. Because this is your movie that you are directing and starring in. You create your reality, so might as well make it a good one!
Future self journaling can help you analyze your life now to plan for and create your best future. Journal writing helps you gain clarity, de-stress, map out goals, and so much more. It’s one of the best personal development tools that exist.
Future self journaling starts right now
Keep in mind your future starts right now. Like, in this moment.
Future self journaling isn’t only about some distant point in time. (Although it is helpful to think of different points in time and where you want to be.) You can start creating your best future self right now because the future is right now and the past was a paragraph ago.
Creating your best future self starts with your mindset.
How mindset creates your future
Because you have the power to change your mindset, you have the power to change so much about your life. When you change your mindset, you change the energy you are giving off. And importantly, your actions and life choices change, too.
If you can hold a mostly positive mindset, then you can emit mostly positive energy. You can create a better reality with your choices and who you attract.
A positive mindset can help you grow into your ideal self. There’s a saying by Dr. Wayne Dyer (RIP) that says:
“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
Powerful, right? (Check out his writing- you’ll be glad you did.)
Ultimately, you hold the key to being your best self. You can improve any aspect of your life. So when journaling for your future self, you are journaling for the best version of you that you have the power to create starting right now.
Alright, without further waiting, let’s get started writing about how to be your best self. Here are 25 journal prompts for inspired future self journaling!
(Free printable future self journal prompts at the end of this article.)
25 Future Self Journal Prompts to Create Your Best Self
- Describe what the best future version of you looks like.
- What does the best future version of you act like?
- What is your ideal future daily life like? Describe your ideal daily routine and work schedule.
- Describe what you love most about your future self? What are her best qualities?
- How do you want to feel on a daily basis? Name all the emotions you want to feel regularly as your ideal future you.
- What would the future you 2 years from now say to the now-time you? How about the you from 5 years into the future?
- What new hobbies or activities does your ideal future self engage in?
- What bad habits, negative tendencies, or self-destructive ways did your future self overcome?
- And now list the good habits your future self practices.
- How do you carry yourself as your ideal future self? What energy or vibes are you giving off?
- In the future, who are your closest friends and loved ones? Who are the new people you are attracting? Who are you letting go of?
- What surprises you most about your future self? How has she changed?
- How do you see your current problems coming to a resolution in the future?
- What good things continue to grow and evolve into the future?
- What new skills or knowledge does your future self have?
- Describe the most exciting aspects of living as your ideal future self.
- How is your health, mentally and physically, as your best future self?
- How does your best future self help or positively influence other people?
- Describe your ideal lifestyle in 1 year, 2 years, and 5 years.
- How has your ideal future self evolved spiritually?
- How has the ideal version of yourself in the future learned to cope with stress better?
- What are your finances like as your most ideal future self?
- Describe your home life as your ideal future self.
- What adventures do you take as your ideal future self?
- What do you love most about living in the future and what blows your mind.
Free printable future journal prompts
Grab your free printable future self journal prompts below:
Feel free to share with a friend. Enjoy!
Concluding thoughts for the future
The future is so mysterious. It’s fascinating to contemplate. And journaling about how to be your ideal future self can be inspiring.
Planning for your ideal future doesn’t mean you don’t appreciate things as they are. Or that there is anything wrong with you or your life now. It just means you love yourself and want to grow, evolve, and live to the fullest.
We all have plenty of room to grow because we are all infinite beings. Self-growth is a wonderful thing! There is so much you can uncover about your hopes, dreams, and goals when you start to journal. In fact, journaling can be one of the most powerful practices to gain clarity in your life. And to manifest your ideal future. Journaling is magical.
I hope you enjoyed these 25 future self journaling prompts and that they gave you some interesting ideas to write about. And please let me know what you think in the comments!
You may also enjoy: