Whether you are reading your own tarot cards or having them read by a psychic, the first thing you need to do is find some good questions to ask tarot cards.
If you feel unsure about what questions to ask, you are not alone. With all that is going on in life, it can feel tricky to pinpoint what topics to focus on for a tarot reading.
You may wonder what kind of questions are good to ask tarot cards.
- Can you ask yes or no questions?
- What about “when something will happen” type questions?
- How broad or specific should your questions be for an accurate answer?
- How much information you should give your psychic or tarot reader?
Let’s discuss all of these tarot questions and talk about specific tarot card questions you can ask for your most accurate tarot reading.
**This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you for products you purchase via this website. For more information click here.**
Seeing a psychic versus reading your own tarot cards
A professional psychic or tarot reader can not only accurately read your tarot cards but can offer you advice and opinions. I tend to think of the information I get from psychics or professional tarot readers as similar to a therapy session but usually cheaper and faster. *Please see a medical doctor for your mental health needs, this statement is my personal opinion only.
If you want to read your own tarot cards, know that you don’t need any experience or psychic skills to get started. Just the desire to learn tarot reading. And trust in your own intuition.
Even as a tarot beginner you can read your own tarot cards accurately. You don’t need to have knowledge of the cards’ meanings first. That’s what the little booklet that comes with your deck is for. You can also look up the meanings of the cards you select online or buy a tarot book.
I say you don’t need tarot experience because of my tarot philosophy. Which, in a nutshell, is that when you pull or select a tarot card, you are “pulling your own wisdom.”
Tarot wisdom comes from inside of you and expresses itself via the cards. Even if your psychic or tarot reader is pulling the cards for you. (Every tarot reader has their own preferred way of reading cards. Some may let you select, some may select for you.)
Either way, the cards reveal the hidden, subconscious knowledge inside yourself. In this way, tarot cards are a way for you to know yourself and empower yourself.
What kinds of questions are good to ask tarot cards?
You can ask tarot cards just about anything! That is the beauty of the tarot. Tarot cards don’t judge. And like doctors, psychics and professional readers have heard it all, so don’t worry how your questions sound.
You can ask broad questions such as What does my future hold?
Or you can ask more focused, specific questions. Such as What do the next two months look like in my career?
You could ask your cards yes or no questions, but you probably want more information than just a simple yes or no answer. So be mindful of how you phrase your tarot questions.
The same can be said of asking a “when” question. You may want to ask something like When am I going to find true love?
But you finding true love is part of a bigger picture in your life. The timing of true love can be affected by many factors in your life. Such as personal issues you need to work on first, for example. So the simple “when” question may need to be elaborated on when you ask it.
How much information should you give a psychic before a tarot reading?
When you go to get a tarot card reading, you may feel tempted to “test” the reader or psychic to see how talented they are. You may wonder Why should I tell a tarot reader anything when the cards reveal it all? Or if my reader is psychic?
First, before you schedule your tarot reading you should get something straight with yourself. Ask yourself Am I willing to trust in this reading? Am I ready to be vulnerable? Am I willing to be honest?
If you do not trust in tarot cards or in the person doing the reading, why are you getting a tarot reading? Perhaps to build that trust? To expand your belief system? There could be many reasons for hesitancy, and you are not wrong for feeling that way.
But to get the most out of your tarot reading, you should be open and willing to communicate with your tarot reader. Also, keep in mind that not every tarot card reader is psychic. And for those that are, psychic ability varies.
How does your mindset affect the accuracy of your tarot reading?
When getting a tarot card reading, your mindset is everything. An open, relaxed mindset can help you get a clear, accurate reading. Which is what you want! If you have a bad attitude, (as in rude) or are distracted, you may have a foggier reading.
An anxious or sad mindset is not necessarily going to negatively affect your reading. Just like a good mood isn’t going to necessarily mean you have a positive tarot card reading. But your day-to-day mindset can and does manifest what your future looks like.
Sometimes, especially when reading your own cards, a sense of urgency about a situation can muddy your reading. Or, controlling energy can cause inaccurate results.
Preliminary self-discovery questions
Before you have a tarot card reading, you may want to ask yourself some general self-discovery questions. Self-discovery questions can help you to clarify what’s important to you right now. Then you can decide on specific questions to ask tarot cards. (We will get to a bunch of specific questions to ask tarot cards in just a minute.)
Here are some examples:
- Should the focus of my tarot reading be health, finances, relationships, or something else? What is most important?
- What is bothering me the most in life right now?
- How do I see my own future?
- What do I need to work on the most for my growth, development, and happiness?
Once you feel like you have a focus, check out the specific tarot questions below for your most accurate tarot reading.
The best questions to ask tarot cards for an accurate reading
Tarot card questions about yourself
- What do I need to focus on for my personal growth and development?
- How can I set myself up to be my happiest and best self?
- What is my true personality like?
- Is there anything I need to heal from, forgive, or move forward from?
- Looking to the future, what kind of life should I try to create?
- What is holding me back and what are my limiting thoughts?
- Anything “hidden” in my life that I need to focus on and change?
- Who am I at my core?
- Am I headed in the right direction?
- Where will I be a year from now or what do the coming months bring?
- What kind of living environment should I seek to be happiest?
- How can I grow spiritually?
- Why do I never feel satisfied? (or happy, in love, calm, etc.)
- What are my hidden fears, hopes, and dreams?
- How can I be the person I want to be?
- What mistakes am I making in life?
- What should I focus on in my life to be happiest?
Tarot questions about love
- Am I destined to fall in love and/or be married?
- What do I need to heal from to have a happy relationship?
- How can I attract the right partner?
- What qualities do I need in a romantic partner?
- Why has love failed me in the past? What mistakes did I make?
- How does my crush feel about me?
- What’s holding me back from love?
- Why haven’t I found love?
- What kinds of people am I destined to meet romantically?
- How can I strengthen my relationship?
- What is currently hidden to me about my partner?
- Why do I attract the same kind of partner?
- Can I trust my partner?
- What do I need to know about attracting love?
Tarot questions about friends and family
- How can I be a better friend or family member? What do I need to work on about myself to better these relationships?
- Am I destined to have children?
- Why do I attract certain people or personality types?
- Why do I tend to have the same problems with people?
- How can I attract more friends?
- What do I need to heal from or forgive in my relationships?
- What is my support network like?
- How do others see me?
- Why do my friendships fall apart?
- How can I meet new people?
- How can I cope with my family problems?
- What boundaries do I need in my relationships?
- What do I need to know about this situation in my relationship?
- How can I manifest the relationship I need?
- Why am I alone and is it a bad thing?
Tarot questions about career
- What kind of career would fulfill me?
- What are my natural skills and talents?
- Am I headed in the right direction with my career path?
- How can I be happy at my job?
- Do I need to switch jobs and what direction should I take?
- Should I start my own business?
- Anything blocking me from being successful?
- What do I need to know about a situation at work?
- What mistakes am I making in my career?
- How can I pivot in my current career?
- What’s blocking me from career success?
Tarot questions about money and finances
- How can I earn more money?
- How can I manifest my dream home (or car, wardrobe, etc.)
- Why do I keep making poor financial decisions?
- What are my money blocks?
- What is my money mindset and where does it come from?
- Why does money always seem to be a problem for me?
- How can I move beyond my money problems?
- What are some ways I can improve my relationship with money?
- How should I invest?
- Anything to watch out for that could negatively affect my money situation?
Tarot questions to ask about health
- How is my health right now?
- How can I improve my health?
- What do I need to look out for or be mindful of to stay healthy?
- How can I best support my health?
- How can I cope with my mental health triggers?
- What are some ways I can heal my body?
- How can I heal my mind?
- Who can help me on my health journey?
- What do I need to focus on to care for myself?
- How can I forgive myself or love myself more?
- What do I need to do to reduce stress?
- Where does my anxiety stem from?
Hopefully, these specific tarot questions will help to guide you when you wonder what specific questions to ask tarot cards.
What to do if your tarot card reading feels confusing or seems inaccurate
If you are left confused by a tarot reading, know that it happens all the time. You’re likely not doing anything wrong.
And if your reading seems inaccurate, don’t give up just yet.
You can always ask your psychic or tarot reader for clarification during your reading. They are there to help, guide you, and give accurate information.
Or, if you are reading your own tarot cards and you are left feeling confused, then ask the cards themselves for clarification. Say out loud or in your mind Cards, I don’t understand. Could you please clarify? Then go ahead and pull 1-3 more cards.
If you’re still uncertain about the accuracy of your reading, then let the question go. Sometimes, the future simply cannot be known. Or, the future is so surprising that the cards cannot be made sense of now. You will likely understand the meaning of the reading in time. You may discover, as I have on many occasions, that the cards were in fact giving you accurate information that you simply couldn’t make sense of at the time.
What to do if you have a negative tarot card reading
If you get a “bad news” kind of reading, then do not worry. Do not freak out!
First, look for deeper meaning and accuracy within the cards. Do not assume the Death cards means actual death, for example.
Second, know that timelines are always shifting. Nothing is set in stone. Free will is cosmic law.
Lastly, take precautions as per the cards, because often, whatever the cards are alerting you to can be avoided or minimized once you have conscious knowledge of the situation.
Do remember that the information gleaned from tarot cards comes from your own subconscious wisdom. Yes, a tarot reading can be performed by anyone, and many psychics can offer good advice. But you already “knew” on some level. You are the ultimate guru of your own life!
Final thoughts on the best tarot questions to ask
I hope you enjoyed reading through these powerful questions to ask tarot cards. And I hope that you’re feeling confident about what to expect for your tarot reading and how to get answers to your questions that are helpful and accurate.
I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments, and any personal tarot card stories you would like to share!
You may also enjoy:
*If you enjoyed this article, please share! And don’t forget to subscribe!